Sunday, March 3, 2013

Cuzco Complete! Pink and Black Cuzco

Hi All!

Apologies on reporting on this sooner - February sped by quicker than I realized.  

In my previous post, I relayed that I was working on a version of Kate Spain's Cuzco in pink and black.

Here is the final product:

The front...
and here's the back:
The back.  

 I felt like with the front, the back fabric should be busy because the quilting was going to be a little bit of everything.  I used almost every decorative stitch on the Opal 670, so each block is different.  

A variety of stitches.

 I *LOVED* this particular stitch; it looks like a little sunburst.  I think if I do another Cuzco, I would use this stitch all over.  At least as the stitch in the ditch stitch.  My biggest complaint for this quilt was not the fabric or the pattern, it was the fact that with the new machine, it wiggled as I quilted.  I think I am going to try the spray basting stuff next time.  I also need to find an insert or an inset table for my machine.   

This was my favorite!
Anyway! This came out to a perfect lap size, nearly 60 inches by 60 inches.  I deviated from the final pattern and add a slightly thicker boarder (3.5 inches).  I felt like it showcased the actual pattern better. 

Since I was in a hurry, I flipped the back over as the binding.   I found the 'instructions' at Quilting in the RainTried something new and it worked!  In fact, if I could I would bind all of my quilts this way!  I forgot to take a picture of the binding, but I was able to use one of the decorative stitches to bind the back piece to the front and it looked great on the back as well as the front.   

I loved it!  

More importantly, the birthday girl loved it!  

Have you tried Cuzco yet?

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful quilt and great use of all your decorative stitches!!

    ReplyDelete